Saturday, March 21, 2020

Day 5, Homebound

I say day 5 because my son was on spring vacation from March 7th through the 16th, but his district is closed through April 12th now. Since he should have gone back on the 17th, I consider today to be day 5. Life was pretty normal here until late last week.

On Wednesday, I made a schedule for my son. A routine. It has worked until today. Even today it worked, mostly. The plan was that he and his dad would go to the driving range and then out to eat somewhere or to bring food home. Something. But my husband had to get some things for his brewing and changed his plans.

Upon being told he was going to have get off the computer, without a warning, my son went into quite the fit. Burst into tears. Wailing, "You interrupted my game!"

Needless to say, this wasn't going to really work in his favor. He lost all electronics the rest of the day.

He ended up at his friend's house next door until dinnertime, giving us all a much needed break.

We found out, just after dinner, that his friend's father, our neighbor, has a friend who just tested positive for the Corona virus. He might now have it. Which means his son and wife might have it.  His son played with our son and the girl next door. So her family might have it. She also hugged a friend of ours a few days ago. She's a senior citizen. So she and her husband might have it. She also has been having her daughter bring the grandkids over... so they might have it and give it to their parents...

Little wonder how fast this thing spreads.

Let's look at that again.

J's friend has Covid-19. This is a fact.
J has a son and wife. All three may have it. Maybe just J.
J's son played with my son and the girl next door.
R passes it to her family and to C and her husband and their 2 grandkids, and their daughter and son-in-law.
M passes it to me and my husband.

Right there: almost 20 people.

Ugh.

#Coronavirus #Covid-19 #Pandemic2020 #Pandemic #RealProblems

No panic yet. Wait and see if we have systems. J is self-isolating in the hopes he doesn't have it and, if he does, his wife and son won't get it.

Prayers for all of us!



No comments:

Post a Comment