Thursday, March 8, 2018

Stitch of the Week #51 - The Stacked V Stitch Bobble Stitch

Formerly known as Stitch of the Day.

It feels like I haven't done anything in a long time. LOL! I got used to doing a stitch a day, but I'm all caught up and now have to eagerly await the next Stitch of the Week!

For this particular stitch, the PDF instructions confused me and I watched the video just long enough for my confusion to be gone. I realized I was over-thinking the pattern. This is a very easy pattern with a single repeat row.

I have two versions.

Here are my swatches:


If you look closely, the longer one was made with a chain 36, as the pattern suggests, and in one color. I didn't like the way it looked. The yarn felt wrong and it seemed messy.

For my second swatch, I chained 18. It was made with two different yarns and you can see the stitch much better. The yarn also felt right and was cleaner and easier to use.18

If you would like the PDF pattern, please follow the link and scroll down to the Stacked V Stitch Bobble Stitch.

Here is the video tutorial on YouTube by Creative Grandma:


No comments:

Post a Comment