Monday, January 1, 2018

Stitch of the Day #1 - Delicate Baby Shell Pattern

Updated on Feb. 21st, 2018:

So I wasn't a fan of my very first attempt at this stitch and did a second. Now, I've done a third. I think this looks a bit less messy, but I'm not sure why I have this hole in the center. LOL. Didn't even see it until I took the picture. 

Here is my new version: 


I'm not seeing a lot of difference or improvement here. I think my originals, in comparison, are better. However, I felt like I was more in touch with how this worked. 

****************************************************************

In an effort to have some sort of goal this year, something to do each day, I am going to attempt a new crochet stitch every day. I am inspired by Creative Grandma's Stitch of the Week. I'll be using her stitch of the week for each day until I catch up with her.

Here's the How-To video:



Here is my version: 


I used a J-hook and some leftover Lion Brand yarn - sort of a reddish brown that came up nearly cream here in this pic. Clearly, I need to get a little more practice on this.

The practiced version in teal:


And the comparison of both...



Click for Creative Grandma's Stitch of the Week

No comments:

Post a Comment