Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Stitch of the Day #19 - Tunisian Smock Stitch

This is a very intricate stitch. I screwed up on the finishing part, apparently thinking I knew what she was going to say or do. Apparently, I was wrong. So, my finished swatch is actually NOT finished. Regardless, it's staying put for now and in the future, I will do it again and follow through. I got confused on it, thinking the video was replaying the ending. Hah.

I'm very frustrated today and this stitch took too much effort, too much concentration for me. As such, I don't think it got a fair shake. I'll come back to it and try again. I've been so very interested in the Tunisian stitches before and I'm fascinated by them still. Now, I know how to get them going!

I just need to learn to finish it. Anyways, this came out pretty good anyways...

My version:



Here's the video tutorial by Creative Grandma for you to use:


Here's the written PDF pattern for Tunisian Smock Stitch #215

No comments:

Post a Comment