Monday, January 15, 2018

Stitch of the Day #11 - Diamond Trellis Stitch

This is an amazingly challenging stitch to start, but as the Creative Grandma says in her tutorial, it's easy to pick up the pattern once you get it.

I admit, at one point, I said, "Uh, no. It's beyond me. I quit." Then, I said, "Uh... ok, let's at least really try it." And voila! I caught on, but it was still a tad tricksy!

My version:


I do see the diamond in it and I think it's lovely. I'm not sure I'd want to do it in multiple colors for a blanket or something. Perhaps I might if the design is to be a long-term project. I am not great at projects that take too long. I get frustrated.

Here's the tutorial that I followed on YouTube:



You can find the PDF Pattern here at Creative Grandma's Patterns.


No comments:

Post a Comment