Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Stitch of the Day #12 - Lacy Shell Ripple Stitch

UPDATE BELOW

Stitch #12 for me. I like the ripple stitch a lot, but this was more challenging with a shell in it. It's a mess.

The second row gave me no end of grief. You can compare my swatch to Ms. Winkleman's and see, clearly, that mine is not at all how it should be. After some frustration, I opted to settle for what I made and will come back to it later and see if I can't improve it.


Here is the tutorial video on YouTube:


This is where you can find the PDF Pattern: Lacey Shell Ripple Stitch

UPDATE Jan. 16th, 2018:

After a few more views of the video and reviews of the PDF, I realized my mistake. First, I had two many of the ripples (3dc, 3ch, 3dc) and I was not doing the shell right (using 1 stitch to make it, not 3 together).

So, here is my updated version, with a comparison below:

This is the new version all by its lonesome...



 Now the comparison...


It's much better looking this way...

No comments:

Post a Comment