Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Stitch of the Day #2 - The Slanted Shell Stitch

Updated Feb. 21st, 2018:

So, I think I was just using the wrong yarn. Instead of the bulky yarn, I used a worsted weight with a size I hook. Here's the result:


I was not too far off the first time, but you can really see this stitch now. I took my time. I think I was hurried back in January. 

**************************************************************************

In keeping with my 2018 goal, I am onto my 2nd stitch.

If this were a duel, I would have never seen this one coming. I'd have been lying face down on the ground trying to figure out what had happened. This stitch is not easy for me. I'd be ok, but the last part of the stitch and then the subsequent following of the next row ... well, I kept losing stitches and it was hard for me to stick them back in.

I tried with different kinds of yarns. No dice.

Click for Creative Grandma's Stitch of the Week.

Here's the How-To video:


This is what I ended up with... kind of a mess...


I will keep practicing this stitch, but I'm ok with not mastering it right away.

No comments:

Post a Comment