Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Stitch of the Day #13 - Block by Block Stitch

This stitch is super easy. Great for beginners as the pattern is the same, over and over. You could totally make a blanket with this stitch or whatever you like.

My versions...

I used Bernat Baby Blanket Tiny Yarn in Sunflower and Red Barn for the first one. It's a size G hook yarn, but I used an I hook.

I don't really recommend this yarn for work that is not tight. You can see the messy corner. It's flimsy and not so fantastic to work with. It's hard to see the individual stitches, no matter how bright the light. It's soft, so it's great for things that go against your skin, like slippers or gloves, but not much else, I think.


I used Red Heart Super Saver Stripes for the next swatch. It's fantastic! I still used the I hook, which is the recommended hook for this yarn. I love how the colors are popping out. I'm curious what it'd look like with a bigger swatch... I may do that another day and put it here just to see!


Here's a comparison of the two together. Clearly, the Red Heart yarn is better, more sturdy, and more interesting to look at.


Here is the video tutorial on YouTube by Creative Grandma:


Here is where you can find the PDF Pattern: Block by Block Stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment